A Handbook of Japanese Grammar Patterns for Teachers and Learners
A Handbook of Japanese Grammar Patterns in English. This best-seller handbook shows uses of over 3,000 grammar forms and expressions in specific context. It is well suited for both Japanese learners and instructors preparing for class. It is also excellent test prep material for the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N2 and N1 levels.
〈Nihongo Bunkei Ziten（日本語文型辞典）〉
Group Jammassey (Yuriko Sunakawa, Satoshi Komada, Mitsuko Shimoda, Mutsumi Suzuki, Sayo Tsutsui, Akiko Hasunuma, Andrej Bekeš, & Junko Morimoto) eds.
Grasping grammatical concepts used to feel overly abstract and difficult until the publication of Nihongo Bunkei Ziten. This best-seller handbook has become a staple for both teachers and learners of Japanese language and literature. Here, ‘grammar’ is understood as a format related to semantics, function, and usage of a sentence or a clause. Over 3,000 uses of expression appear in specific context.
Level: Intermediate and above
Features and functions
- Heading/Example search
- Start/End/Match search methods
- Partial Match (Advanced search mode)
- Advanced search mode (Pattern/Anagram)
- Preface (Preface to A Handbook of Japanese Grammar Patterns, Preface to the English Edition)
- User’s guide (Guide to the Handbook’s structure and use, List of grammar terminology, List of symbols and notations, How to search)
- Index (50-on index, List of meaning and function groups)
- “Jump” feature – touch any word anywhere in the dictionary to go to the definition
- Search text within entry
- Bookmark and history functions
- Syncing bookmarks and history with iCloud
- Clipboard search
- VoiceOver read outs dictionary contents
- Audio available for approximately 9,500 Japanese example sentences.
|Update date||September 5, 2023|
|Release date||September 5, 2023|
|Title||Nihongo Bunkei Ziten: English|